Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stefano Nichele <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/16 23:21:10 UTC

[users@httpd] handling parameter in query_string with mod_rewrite

Hi All,
I would need some help with mod_rewrite :-( .
What I would need is to add an header to the response if the request
contains a URL parameter and the value of that parameter should be used
in that header.

Just  to clarify, if the url is:

/download/files/1ytreefecsw?filename=myfile.txt

I would like to return this file /download/files/1ytreefecsw setting in
the response "Content-disposition" header with value myfile.txt:

I was able to do this thing checking a request header using:
     SetEnvIf x-filename "^(.+)$" FILENAME=$1
     Header set "Content-disposition" "attachment;
filename=%{FILENAME}e" env=FILENAME

but now i need to do similar thing using a parameter.

I understand that there is not a simple way to access to the
query_string and actually this is not possible using SetEnvIf and it
seems the right way  is using mod_rewrite .... but i don't find the
solution.
At the moment i'm trying something like:

     RewriteEngine on
     RewriteRule   ^(.*)filename=(.*)$  $1 [E=FILENAME:$2]
     Header set "Content-disposition" "attachment;
filename=%{FILENAME}e" env=FILENAME

but it doesn't work  :-((

Could you help me ?

Thanks
ste

Re: [users@httpd] handling parameter in query_string with mod_rewrite

Posted by Stefano Nichele <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,
maybe my issue was not fully clear but your suggestion puts me on the
right way .... thanks a lot !!

What I'm using now (and it seems working) is:

     RewriteEngine on
     RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)[\&|\?]*filename=([\w|\d|\.|\%|
]*)[\&]*(.*)$
     RewriteRule   .*  - [E=FILENAME:%2]

     Header set "Content-disposition" "attachment;
filename=%{FILENAME}e" env=FILENAME
     UnsetEnv FILENAME

The main difference is that myfile.txt was just an example, ie,  I
should be able to handle any value and that parameter in any position.
For instance:

/download/files/1ytreefecsw?filename=first.txt
/download/files/1ytreefecsw?param1=value1&filename=second.txt&param3=value3

Ste

On 17/02/2010 0.36, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> Sorry this should have been like this actually
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^filename=(myfile.txt)$
> RewriteRule   .*  - [E=FILENAME:%1]
>
> to set the FILENAME variable to myfile.txt value.
>
> Igor
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     RewriteRule doesn't work with the query part or the URI thus will
>     not work in your case. You need to try RewriteCond directive
>     combined with RewriteRule. Something like this maybe?
>
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(filename=myfile.txt)$
>     RewriteRule   .*  - [E=FILENAME:%1]
>
>     Header set "Content-disposition" "attachment;
>     filename=%{FILENAME}e" env=FILENAME
>
>     I'm not sure though about the effect of the Header set directive,
>     is it going to have a global effect afterwords or not?
>
>     Igor
>

>     On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Stefano Nichele
>     <stefano.nichele@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi All,
>         I would need some help with mod_rewrite :-( .
>         What I would need is to add an header to the response if the
>         request contains a URL parameter and the value of that
>         parameter should be used in that header.
>
>         Just  to clarify, if the url is:
>
>         /download/files/1ytreefecsw?filename=myfile.txt
>
>         I would like to return this file /download/files/1ytreefecsw
>         setting in the response "Content-disposition" header with
>         value myfile.txt:

>         I was able to do this thing checking a request header using:
>            SetEnvIf x-filename "^(.+)$" FILENAME=$1
>            Header set "Content-disposition" "attachment;
>         filename=%{FILENAME}e" env=FILENAME
>
>         but now i need to do similar thing using a parameter.
>
>         I understand that there is not a simple way to access to the
>         query_string and actually this is not possible using SetEnvIf
>         and it seems the right way  is using mod_rewrite .... but i
>         don't find the solution.
>         At the moment i'm trying something like:
>
>            RewriteEngine on
>            RewriteRule   ^(.*)filename=(.*)$  $1 [E=FILENAME:$2]
>            Header set "Content-disposition" "attachment;
>         filename=%{FILENAME}e" env=FILENAME
>
>         but it doesn't work  :-((
>
>         Could you help me ?
>
>         Thanks
>         ste

Stefano Nichele

Funambol Chief Architect
Funambol :: Open Source Mobile Cloud Sync and Push Email

Re: [users@httpd] handling parameter in query_string with mod_rewrite

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.