Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com> on 2005/08/18 17:35:39 UTC

EngineServiceOuterProxy

Hi,

I'm still very new to hivemind, so bear with me.

I'm injecting a custom IEngineService implementation into a
component.   All seems to work fine until I need to call API that is
specific to my service.  The problem is due to the component's
service instance variable being an instance of
EngineServiceOuterProxy instead of my custom service.

Casting to my service throws a ClassCastException and changing the
component ivar's type to my custom class (from IEngineService) throws
the following runtime error:

The value obtained using locator 'engine-
service:pdfdirect' (<OuterProxy for engine service 'pdfdirect'>) is
not compatible with the existing property.

Just wondering if someone can offer any suggestions on how I can get
this working?

Thanks!
Eric

Re: EngineServiceOuterProxy

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You might make your service implement an interface that extends
IEngineService, and then add in the methods you want access to in
that. your hivemodule service spec should then use that as the service
interface instead of just IEngineService . I think that will work. ?
..

jesse