Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2015/09/11 19:23:36 UTC

JIRA-git integration

Hi,

I was just looking at some JIRAs and thought that it would be nice to find our exactly which commit fixed an issue.
And as it turns out that infra actually provides a service that allows you to automatically notify JIRA of relevant git commits http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html <http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html> .
I think that we should ask infra to enable this service for AsterixDB.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Cheers,
Till

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Chen Li <ch...@gmail.com>.
This is a great idea.

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Eldon Carman <ec...@ucr.edu>.
+1 good idea.

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Chris Hillery <ch...@hillery.land>.
Not sure if mine was the first push which mentioned an issue or not, but it
does seem to be working:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASTERIXDB-1120 has two comments from
"ASF subversion and git services" regarding my commits, one to hyracks, one
to asterixdb.

Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Murtadha,

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Murtadha Hubail <hu...@gmail.com>.
It looks like the integration was enabled only on AsterixDB repo (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-asterixdb.git <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-asterixdb.git>) but not on Hyracks (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-asterixdb-hyracks.git <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-asterixdb-hyracks.git>).

Re: JIRA-git integration

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Filed

Re: JIRA-git integration