Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pierre Thibaudeau <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/22 10:07:42 UTC

Unable to read META-INF/tld...

I think I have a problem with my library versions, but I cannot pinpoint the
problem.  Here's the exception when I deploy on Tomcat 6.0.2:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(1,1) Unable to read TLD
"META-INF/tld/struts-bean.tld" from JAR file
"file:/C:/applications/Tomcat%206.0/webapps/my_app/WEB-INF/lib/struts-
taglib-1.3.5.jar"

My web.xml does not contain any taglib declaration, and it is identified as
version 2.4:
    version="2.4">

I am using the following versions of the libraries:
jsp-api.jar [2006 Nov 15]
servlet-api.jar [2006 Nov 15]
standard-1.0.2.jar [2005 Nov 13]
jstl-1.0.2.jar [2005 Nov 13]
struts-taglib-1.3.5.jar [2006 Aug 5]
etc.

The system is Windows XP and the environment variable:
JAVA_HOME="C:\PROGRA~1\Java\SDK\jdk"
That JDK is 1.5, recently downloaded.

I am using Eclipse 3.2.1, but I am assuming that is irrelevant since I use
external libraries.

I have run out of ideas on where to look.  Can anyone suggest something?

Re: Unable to read META-INF/tld...

Posted by Pierre Thibaudeau <pi...@gmail.com>.
I removed jsp-api.jar from WEB-INF/lib.  (It is still in the build
path, though.)
Problem solved!  (Though I don't understand why!)

Posted by Pierre Thibaudeau <pi...@gmail.com>.
> > I think I have a problem with my library versions, but I cannot pinpoint the
> > problem.  Here's the exception when I deploy on Tomcat 6.0.2:
> >
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(1,1) Unable to read TLD
> > "META-INF/tld/struts-bean.tld" from JAR file
> > "file:/C:/applications/Tomcat%206.0/webapps/my_app/WEB-INF/lib/struts-
> > taglib-1.3.5.jar"

> Check the uri attribute of taglib directive in index.jsp is same as
> content of <uri> tag in struts-bean.tld.

It is the same

> The %20 in the path looks suspicious, (as does the fact that it's
> file:/ and not file://).
>
> I would try installing Tomcat in a path without spaces, such as
> c:/applications/apache-tomcat-6.0.2 .

I normally always get rid of spaces in filenames;  I don't now why I
hadn't in this case.  Anyway, I did a re-installation (version 6.0.9,
this time), and I get a similar message.

I agree with you that the single slash is a little worrying...

I may have to resort to adding back the <taglib> statements in web.xml...
Other suggestions before I resort to such desperate measures?  ;)

Re: Unable to read META-INF/tld...

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy