Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by XMundo - Soporte Tecnico <so...@xmundo.net> on 2004/11/05 06:11:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Bandwidth limit

Hi.

I have a problem with google spider in my apache 2. The google spider create
too many concurrent connections to the web server and it overload the
server.
I also I have the same problem with programs like offline readers (ex,
teleport).

I need to use any module as mod_bandwidth but for apache 2.X.

Any idea?

Cristian

Re: [users@httpd] Bandwidth limit

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
Ahh.. forgot to say...
IF you get it working for you, let me know.

Today i received :

The module is working fine in a Red Hat Enterprise 3 setup by Cristian Merz of XMundo Network Solution
Http://www.xmundo.net

Posted by XMundo - Soporte Tecnico <so...@xmundo.net>.
Good.

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
Hi

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
hove been looking for the same, the only module i found was at
http://www.ivn.cl/apache/, but i haven't tried it yet, so don't know how
stable it is.
Ralf

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Limit?

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
there are many ways out.. but in that moment, was a surprise :o)
(we didnt understand what the heck was happening)

So, beware... cause it once happened (to me :D)

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
A lot...

Posted by Dov Rosenberg <do...@conviveon.com>.
We rotate the logs each night to avoid the huge problem. Does the split log
functionality need any special configuration? Can someone send me a sample?

Thanks

On 11/5/04 2:11 PM, "Ralf Glauberman" <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>
wrote:

> ever heared anything about logrotate?

Dov Rosenberg
Conviveon Corporation
370 Centerpointe Circle, suite 1178
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
http://www.conviveon.com
dov@conviveon.com
AOL IM: dovrosenberg
(407) 339-1177 x102
(407) 339-6704 (fax)
(800) 475-9890
(407) 310-8316 (cell)

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Limit?

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dov Rosenberg <do...@conviveon.com>.
Cool, that¹s what I was hoping to hear!!!

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.

Posted by Dov Rosenberg <do...@conviveon.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.