Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Andrey Gura <ag...@gridgain.com> on 2016/04/06 01:00:05 UTC

Re: Should Ignition.start() method to be called in a spark-igniteRDD app?

Hi,

You should not call Ignition.start(). Ignite instance will be started
during creation of IgniteContext.

Could you please provide code snippet that creates IgniteContext or minimal
reproducer example if possible?

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 8:42 AM, F7753 <ma...@foxmail.com> wrote:

> What makes me very confused is that when I use ignite to run a spark word
> count app, it did not ask me to call 'Ignition.start()', while I use
> igniteRDD to cache table and just run a spark streaming app, the console
> throw the exception.
> What's the difference?

Andrey Gura
GridGain Systems, Inc.
www.gridgain.com

Re: Should Ignition.start() method to be called in a spark-igniteRDD app?

Posted by Alexei Scherbakov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I was not able to reproduce your case because source code you've provided
is incomplete.
Could you attach fully working minimalistic example reproducing your
problem?
Have you tried to run your code in local environment using something like

val ssc: SparkContext = new SparkContext("local[*]", "test")

FYI: you have an error in ./igparkStr.sh
/igparkStr.sh: line 16: --repositories: command not found

> Hi agura,
> I refer to the source code of IgniteContext.scala, and notified that the
> ignite method will do "Ignition.start()" in a try-catch block.
> And the code I use is listed in this topic:
>
> http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/How-to-solve-the-22-parameters-limit-under-scala-2-10-in-the-case-class-tc3847.html
> You can find them in the 6th comment written by me, thanks a lot

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov

Re: Should Ignition.start() method to be called in a spark-igniteRDD app?