Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kristanto Oetomo <Kr...@Oetomo.com> on 2003/07/11 13:19:52 UTC

JBoss Problem

I got the following error when I tried to start the service:

 Could not start the JBoss30 service on Local Computer. The service did
not return an error. This could be an internal Windows Error or an
internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system
administrator.

I have run the following:
run.bat -c all (under the bin directory of JBoss)

And I have also installed JBoss using JavaService.exe successfully.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thanks a bunch

Re: JBoss Problem

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
You might try asking on the JBoss Users list.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

Re: JBoss Problem

Posted by "Joe @ Team345" <jg...@team345.com>.
The easiest thing to debug and get JBoss started is to accept ALL the
defaults - i.e. just unzip the zip file to your top most directory.

Then start your run.bat script.  Read the first few lines and make sure
all the settings are correct.  The output should help tell you if, for
instance, JBOSS_HOME, was not set correctly.

If you start from a clean location, don't deploy anything right away,
then you should be able to verify that your install is okay and working.