Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Abram Catalano <ab...@adaptx.com> on 2008/01/07 09:38:24 UTC

Tiles 2 documentation fixes

I came across two flaws in the documentation (that cost me an hour), and
I'm not sure how/who to ask to be able to commit fixes, so here they are:

On page: http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/basic/pages.html

Under "create definition"

1) the web.xml snippet references
"<servlet-class>org.apache.tiles.servlet.TilesServlet</servlet-class>"
which does not appear to exist.  I pulled the source and found a
TilesServlet under org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesServlet.  I
replaced with this new package, and it seemed to work.

2) the /WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml example seems to need
<tiles-definitions>'s wrapping the <definition>.

-Abram Catalano

Re: Tiles 2 documentation fixes

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
Please open a JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILESSHARED
If you post a patch, it will be applied faster. The svn repository for the
docs is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/site/

Thanks a lot for your effort :-)

Ciao
Antonio

Posted by Abram Catalano <ab...@adaptx.com>.
Another fix:

Page:  http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/configuration.html
Section: "Starting Tiles engine"

Problem line:
<servlet-class>oorg.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesServlet</servlet-class>

Notice the two o's in oorg

-Abram