Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/02/07 16:00:14 UTC

New version of XmlSchema soon?

Could someone PLEASE work on creating a new release of XmlSchema that
includes all the fixes that were put in during December and January?
I realy don't care if it's called 1.4 or 1.3.3 or what, but we really
need the fixes.

The one remaining blocker bug in CXF is due to a bug in XmlSchema.   I'd
really like to get that eliminated.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: New version of XmlSchema soon?

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,
Sorry for the delay - I always get pulled on to something or other.  I've
fixed the issues mentioned by John and posted an RC (see the voting
thread).  Test it CXF and give us the green light if it works

Ajith

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 07 February 2008, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > Could someone PLEASE work on creating a new release of XmlSchema that
> > includes all the fixes that were put in during December and January?
> > I realy don't care if it's called 1.4 or 1.3.3 or what, but we really
> > need the fixes.
> >
> > The one remaining blocker bug in CXF is due to a bug in XmlSchema.
> > I'd really like to get that eliminated.
>
> Any update on the status of this?   Judging from the thread, it looks
> like 1.4 is good to go.  Someone just needs to be build it and call the
> votes and stuff, right?
>
> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer, IONA
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative
pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls
into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein

Re: New version of XmlSchema soon?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benson,
The only thing that worries me is that it might break the other
projects that use XmlSchema as a component,specially Axis2. So far
there has been no clear consensus of moving Axis2 to Java 1.5 (In fact
I remember  opposition from some users who use Axis2 under strict
enterprise level policies that do not allow them to upgrade the vm).
So what that means to XmlSchema is to maintain its 1.4 compatibility.

Apart from that, moving into a generics-supported API is also not
trivial. We may have to do significant amount of refactoring and
rewriting to get there.

Ajith

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Yes, we are good to go IMHO

Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
| Hi all,
| I just tested the latest source from the 1.3.3 branch and all tests
| pass for me in the following configurations
|
| 1. Sun Java 1.5 in Ubuntu 7.10
| 2. Sun Java 1.6 in Ubuntu 7.10
| 3. Sun Java 1.5 in Windows XP
|
| Are we good to go forward ?
|
| Saminda  - did you test the source from the branch (
| https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/commons/branches/modules/XmlSchema/1.3.3)
| or from the trunk ?
| The trunk may have not been merged with the branch yet (need to check
| to say for sure though).
|
| Please let me know what you guys think
|
| Ajith
|
| On Feb 10, 2008 11:20 AM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
| If we pass the tests in the latest rev's we should be all set. otherwise it's too much :(
|
| -- dims
|

| Saminda Abeyruwan wrote:
| | Error :
| |
| | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| |
| | Test set: tests.NamespaceContextTest
| | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| |
| | Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.556
| | sec <<< FAILURE!
| | testNamespaceContext(tests.NamespaceContextTest)  Time elapsed: 0.496
| | sec  <<< ERROR!
| | javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
| | org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
| |         at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown
| | Source)
| |         at
| | org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.serialize_internal(XmlSchema.java:419)
| |
| |         at org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.write(XmlSchema.java:391)
| |         at
| | tests.NamespaceContextTest.testNamespaceContext(NamespaceContextTest.java:83)
| |
| |
| | Test failed in
| | ==========================
| | java version "1.5.0_06"
| | Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
| | Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)
| | ==========================
| |
| | And Test passed in
| |
| | ================
| | Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl is available
| | in java version "1.5.0_08" and their after.
| | =============
| |
| |
| | ====================================
| | java version "1.4.2-03"
| | Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.4.2-03)
| | Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.2-03, mixed mode)
| | ====================================
| |
| | Thank you
| |
| | Saminda
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Davanum Srinivas wrote:
|
| | Saminda,
| |
| | which jdk version? what os?
| |
| | thanks,
| | dims
| |
| | Saminda Abeyruwan wrote:
| | | Hi,
| | |
| | | We are seen some test failures in XMLSchema project
| | |
| | http://ww2.wso2.org/~wsasbuilder/build_report_archives/2008-02-07-01-01-01/xml_schema.log
| |
| | |
| | |
| | | Last change rev is 616495
| | |
| | | Thank you
| | |
| | | Saminda
| | |

| | XmlSchema.   I'd

| | |
| | |

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Saminda Abeyruwan wrote:
| Error :
|
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| Test set: tests.NamespaceContextTest
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.556
| sec <<< FAILURE!
| testNamespaceContext(tests.NamespaceContextTest)  Time elapsed: 0.496
| sec  <<< ERROR!
| javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
| org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
|         at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown
| Source)
|         at
| org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.serialize_internal(XmlSchema.java:419)
|
|         at org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.write(XmlSchema.java:391)
|         at
| tests.NamespaceContextTest.testNamespaceContext(NamespaceContextTest.java:83)
|

| Test failed in
| ==========================
| java version "1.5.0_06"
| Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
| Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)
| ==========================
|
| And Test passed in
|
| ================
| Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl is available
| in java version "1.5.0_08" and their after.
| =============
|

| ====================================
| java version "1.4.2-03"
| Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.4.2-03)
| Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.2-03, mixed mode)
| ====================================
|
| Thank you
|
| Saminda
|

| Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| Saminda,
|
| which jdk version? what os?
|
| thanks,
| dims
|
| Saminda Abeyruwan wrote:
| | Hi,
| |
| | We are seen some test failures in XMLSchema project
| |
| http://ww2.wso2.org/~wsasbuilder/build_report_archives/2008-02-07-01-01-01/xml_schema.log

| |
| |
| | Last change rev is 616495
| |
| | Thank you
| |
| | Saminda
| |
| | Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
| |> Sorry guys,
| |> I got stuck with some other stuff and the XmlSchema release completely
| |> got slipped out
| |> I will make the artifacts and set up a vote by tonight (Friday 8th)
| |>
| |> Ajith

| XmlSchema.   I'd

| |
| |