Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Barry Woods <ba...@bigpond.com> on 2012/06/29 06:39:25 UTC

Exposing services in the JSON Viewer

H Dan,

I have used the quickstart archetype to bring up the default ToDos app. I
want to experiment with the JSON viewer for use with an isis development we
already have underway. This application currently uses the dnd viewer and a
custom viewer developed using GWT.

However I have struck a snag and can't get the JSON viewer to expose any
services other than the ToDoItemsDefault. I am using a Chrome tool Dev HTTP
client to view the requests and can navigate successfully around the exposed
services and execute requests. I have added another service into
isis.properties and defined an interface for use by domain classes. However
this additional service is not exposed under services in the JSON viewer.
Are there any additional configuration steps required to expose additional
services?

Note: The additional service is showing up in the htmlviewer.

Regards,

Barry Woods

Re: Exposing services in the JSON Viewer

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Barry,
welcome to the isis mailing list, and great to hear you're experimenting
with the JSON viewer.  Just an fyi, as I'm sure you've probably picked up,
this doesn't yet implement the full spec, so will be getting some "breaking
changes" as it continues to be worked on.  So just bear that in mind.  If
you use GIT, there's a clone of isis on my github account [1], so you can
use that to control when you pick up new snapshots as and when.

Per your question... have two suggestions.

First idea (and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence here, only I've
done the very same thing) is that you're hitting the services page from the
browser cache.  The spec says that the services pages should be served up
with caching of 1 day (I think it is), that's because this page isn't going
to change very often.

So, force a reload (in chrome, ctrl+R, I think), or empty your cache
history.

You could double check this by setting a breakpoint in the
DomainServiceResource class, to see if it's being called at all.

If that's not the problem, then the only other thing it could be is that
you've got more than one isis.properties somehow, and haven't edited the
isis.properties that the RO viewer is reading.

HTH
Dan

[1]  https://github.com/danhaywood/apacheisis