Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/28 02:13:49 UTC

Release plugin cyclic problem

I've been struggling with the maven2 release plugin but have managed to get
the majority of my problems except for one.  For some reason when I do a
release on a subproject that I've previously managed to successfully
released before, the maven2 release plugin will keep repeatedly asking me
for the development version of the first project over and over.  It just
does this repeatedly and I cannot progress in releasing the project.. Is
there a bug of some kind that I'm hitting?  This is what the output looks
like:

[INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for snapshots ...
There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies.: Do you want to
resolve them now? (yes/no) no: : yes
Dependency type to resolve,: specify the selection number ( 0:All 1:Project
Dependencies 2:Plugins 3:Reports 4
:Extensions ): (0/1/2/3) 1: : 1
Resolve Project Dependency Snapshots.: 'com.project:service' set to release?
(yes/no
) yes: :
What is the next development version? (1.2-SNAPSHOT) 1.2-SNAPSHOT: :
1.2-SNAPSHOT

What is the next development version? (1.2-SNAPSHOT) 1.2-SNAPSHOT: :
There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies.: Do you want to
resolve them now? (yes/no) no: : yes
Dependency type to resolve,: specify the selection number ( 0:All 1:Project
Dependencies 2:Plugins 3:Reports 4
:Extensions ): (0/1/2/3) 1: : 1
Resolve Project Dependency Snapshots.: 'com.project:service' set to release?
(yes/no
) yes: : yes
What is the next development version? (1.2-SNAPSHOT) 1.2-SNAPSHOT: :
There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies.: Do you want to
resolve them now? (yes/no) no: : yes
Dependency type to resolve,: specify the selection number ( 0:All 1:Project
Dependencies 2:Plugins 3:Reports 4
:Extensions ): (0/1/2/3) 1: : 1
Resolve Project Dependency Snapshots.: 'com.project:service' set to release?
(yes/no
) yes: : What is the next development version? (1.2-SNAPSHOT) 1.2-SNAPSHOT:
: Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y

It never asks me for the release version which I thought it always asked me
for first, it just keeps asking for the development version of the first
project and does it over and over repeatedly....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ryan

Re: Release plugin cyclic problem

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Never mind.. I think I see what happened.. apparently I messed up a version
of a child dependency which became out of sync with everything else.. this
apparently caused the release plugin to go completely haywire.  Telling it I
didn't want to resolve the dependency made the build quit but with an error
telling me what it was trying to resolve (which by fixing manually I think
might allow the release plugin to function properly).