Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Fernando Wermus <fw...@odeasrl.com.ar> on 2011/04/19 17:14:27 UTC

mvn eclipse plugin for multimodule proyect

Hi all,
    I have a pom which is a multimodule proyect. I am using maven plugin
eclipse for generating all the eclipse's proyects. But for reason, it
doesn't create any.

any help would be really appreciated

Re: mvn eclipse plugin for multimodule proyect

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fw...@odeasrl.com.ar>.
Barrie and Roland,
      I discused with my boss about not doing this work as you explained to
me in this thread. We finally decided not to include the instructions that
copy eclipse and weblogic into pom.xml, but into a script sh that it is
called from outside.

The point was that our script is not part of maven life cycle.

thanks a lot for your support.

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fw...@odeasrl.com.ar>.
thanks a lot for replaying
your answer are really helpful. I am going to replay you below.

2011/4/20 Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Fernando Wermus
> <fw...@odeasrl.com.ar> wrote:
> [del]
> > I am trying to run mvn eclipse:eclipse in parent pom.xml without any
> > success.
> > I am not sure if pom.xml for constructing developer environment run mvn
> > eclipse:eclipse in pom.xml parent or in itself. I am almost sure that is
> > doing it in parent pom.xml without any success.
> [del]
>
> What you have described so far appears reasonable.
>
> Can you please run
> mvn eclipse:eclipse -Pdeveloper
> and paste the error output.

I change that for
                                 <execution>
                                     <id>genero-proyectos2</id>
                                     <phase>verify</phase>
                            <configuration>
                                <executable>mvn</executable>

<workingDirectory>${src.modulos}</workingDirectory>
                                <arguments>
                                    <argument>-Pdesarrollo</argument>
                                    <argument>eclipse:eclipse</argument>
                                </arguments>
                            </configuration>
                                     <goals>
                                         <goal>exec</goal>
                                     </goals>
                                 </execution>

> I'd recommend against putting the eclipse configuration inside a profile.
> What I do instead is to put this inside
> build > pluginManagement
> So that people can run
> mvn eclipse:eclipse
> without having to remember to turn on a profile
> Rememeber, the eclipse plugin does not participate in the standard
> lifecycle.

What we are doing with maven in development profile is:

1. checkout trunk
2. compile
3. mvn eclipse:eclipse
4. copy weblogic to a folder

As you can see, we consider that maven should resolve all the problem about
having a development environment. This includes some operations that are not
part of standard lifecycle. Are we taking a correct path? if not, this
instructions are a part needed for developers when they construct their
environment. How do you recommend is it the best way to achieve this goal?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Asmann, Roland" <Ro...@adesso.at>.
Hello Fernando,

You can call me 'Roland', that is my first name. ;-)

If I understand correctly, you have a POM-file on your computer and run
Maven on it. This will download/checkout/copy/... everything to your
computer.

Now, I presume that the POM you are using is *not* the one you call
'parent' in your structure, or is it? If not, I think the problem is
that 'eclipse:eclipse' is called on the wrong project.
If it is, there might be something else going on here.

Please give me a little more background info on this!

Also, I really like the idea you are having here. I do think this would
be better as an archetype though, but that's just a matter of opinion. :-)

Regards,

Roland

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fw...@odeasrl.com.ar>.
Asmann,