Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Akins <an...@leonidae.org> on 2004/06/24 14:50:35 UTC

Struts, XDoclet, and Maven...

I am trying to learn these technologies (and Hibernate too, for that
matter) - and I'm having the typical problem of knowing where to start.
I've been programming Struts for over a year, so I'm decent with it -
but I'm fairly new to Maven but have coded two simple struts apps with
it - and XDoclet is brand new to me. I'm looking to combine all of the
above (and eventually Hibernate - but that's for a later day).

Does anyone out there have, or know of (or can create) a super-simple
example app (maybe the archtypical Struts hello app: two jsp's, one
action, one form) that shows how to set up your maven project directory
(like where do you put your XDoclet merge files) and sample values for
your project.xml, project.properties, and maven.xml files?

It would be a big help to jump start the learning process. Nothing
fancy - just a push in the right direction. I have "XDoclet in Action"
to learn the XDoclet stuff - but I'd like to use Maven instead of just
Ant.

Thanks for any help/insight...

	Andy Akins