Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jeremy Arnold <je...@bigfoot.com> on 2003/05/09 00:11:54 UTC

JMeterGUIComponent.isEnabled( )

Hello,
    The JMeterGUIComponent interface defines methods isEnabled( ) and
setEnabled(boolean) for determining whether a component (or rather, its
associated test element) should be enabled when the test is run.

    However, these methods are also defined in java.awt.Component to
determine whether a GUI component should be enabled or disabled.  So
when AbstractJMeterGuiComponent implements these methods, it is
overriding the implementations provided by AWT/Swing.

    Is this intentional?  If so, it should probably be documented.  And
in that case, we should also consider getting rid of the implementations
provided by AbstractJMeterGuiComponent and just rely on the
implementations provided by AWT/Swing.  If this isn't what was intended,
we should probably rename these methods in JMeterGUIComponent to avoid
confusion.  But I would recommend waiting until at least after the
pre-release...I don't totally understand the implications of how it is
implemented right now, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some unexpected
behavior pop up if we change it.

Jeremy