Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/09 19:31:16 UTC

PROPOSAL - optional disclaimer page upon user login...

Hi,

I could just extend JLoginUser locally - but just wanted to see if
this would be of use to anyone...

We need to display a disclaimer page every time a user logs in (yuck,
I know...).

I could submit a patch for this to be an optional feature.

It would work like this, at the end of JLoginUser, if the user has
logged in, and the feature is switched on, check for a
"disclaimershown" entry in the user get temp storage.

If not found, send them to a disclaimer screen.  Obviously the one
that will be with jetspeed will be completely dummy.  They then press
an accept button to continue.  Once this is pressed, the
"disclaimershown" flag is set to true.

There would probably be a reject button too, which logs them out.

Otherwise nothing different happens - they're personal page is shown.

So - is this of use to the wider Jetspeed community?

Regards,
Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London - http://freeflats.com

RE: PROPOSAL - optional disclaimer page upon user login...

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> So - is this of use to the wider Jetspeed community?

I dont have a need for this feature, but it may be useful to others...
imo - It should be optional and disabled by default

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

> It would work like this, at the end of JLoginUser, if the user has
> logged in, and the feature is switched on, check for a
> "disclaimershown" entry in the user get temp storage.
>
> If not found, send them to a disclaimer screen.  Obviously the one
> that will be with jetspeed will be completely dummy.  They then
> press
> an accept button to continue.  Once this is pressed, the
> "disclaimershown" flag is set to true.
>
> There would probably be a reject button too, which logs them out.

This was easier that I thought - since there is no need to track the
disclaimershown flag - if they are in the JLoginUser action, then
they are logging and need to see the disclaimer...

...but I want to not show the disclaimer for users with the "admin"
role.  So I want to do data.getACL().hasRole("admin") in the
JLoginUser - but this is only setup in the AccessController routine
that is called after the login...

Do I need to call it earlier myself?  Access the roles information
directly?  Is this a bug in Turbine?  Am I doing the check in the
wrong place - is there a bit hook point for ensuring a disclaimer is
shown?

Thanks,
Chris

=====