Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Teun <te...@betterbe.com> on 2020/02/12 13:08:48 UTC

Contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter

L.S.,

I've been looking into contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter.
As a first step only the formatting portion of it, so from Temporal to String.

Do i need to get a contributor license before i can push my commits to my forked repo on github?

Regards, Teun

Re: Contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Teun! Your PR was merged into the FREEMARKER-35 feature branch.

This branch will need further work to be mergeable back to a released
branch of course. I, for one, will work on it.

Note this feature will raise the minimum Java version to 8, because the
Java 8 time API is statically referred from TemplateTemporalModel. So new
FreeMarker release, if this will be in it (and it should), will require
Java 8.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Dekany

Re: Contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter

Posted by Teun <te...@betterbe.com>.
Progress so far:

Posted by Teun <te...@betterbe.com>.
Ahh not yet.

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.
Err.. I mean, the CLA.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Dekany

Re: Contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Teun,

--
Best regards,
Daniel Dekany

Re: Contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter

Posted by Teun <te...@betterbe.com>.

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.
OK, great!

--
Best regards,
Daniel Dekany

Re: Contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter

Posted by Teun <te...@betterbe.com>.
Ah yes the temporalFormat.

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Dekany

Re: Contributing to FREEMARKER-35: JSR 310 support for java8 java.time.temporal DateTimeFormatter

Posted by Teun <te...@betterbe.com>.
Yes it is a lot of work.
The commit below focusses on the formatting of various Temporals, so no parsing etc.
https://github.com/Jaaap/freemarker/commit/8bf5a91de2c47b191b5d68c7506abfbb350626ab <https://github.com/Jaaap/freemarker/commit/8bf5a91de2c47b191b5d68c7506abfbb350626ab>

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,