Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/29 17:38:44 UTC

MSITE-604 - Properties from settings.xml are not recognized in site distribution management

Hello,

I think I have an acceptable IT + fix for this issue [1] (at least in Maven
3 context), so I would be really grateful if someone with karma could take
a look at it and let me know about it :)

Cheers,

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-604

--
Vincent

Re: MSITE-604 - Properties from settings.xml are not recognized in site distribution management

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

thank you for your feedback!

1) Several issues are actually interleaved, I believe the patch I propose
also fix MSITE-632, and maybe other related issues, I haven't reviewed them
all. Overall, the root cause seems to be that the parent is returned
without being interpolated (see my comment [1]).
2)3) I believe @...@ are replaced by maven-invoker-plugin before calling
the IT itself, so from the IT, this is an absolute path.

To sum up :
- a parent pom is declaring the site url (including protocol) in a property
that is provided *only* by settings.xml
- the parent pom's site is correctly built/deployed
- but, if you declare a child pom, it retrieves the site declaration from
parent, not interpolated, so the plugin will complain about the missing
protocol [2]

Vincent

[1]
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-604?focusedCommentId=296956&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-296956