Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luke Han <lu...@apache.org> on 2015/07/17 06:22:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Kylin-0.7.2-incubating

Hi all,

The Apache Kylin community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Kylin 0.7.2 (incubating), the first release of Apache Kylin.

We already have applied some suggestion
in last vote attempt, please refer to below vote mail thread for detail.

Proposal:
http://s.apache.org/kylin-0.7.2-vote_rc2

Vote result:
http://s.apache.org/kylin-0.7.2-vote_result

5 binding +1 votes
2 non-binding +1 votes
No -1 votes

The commit to be voted upon:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin/commit/f7a28422645bc209b2c38bb05b24a340444f9066

Its hash is f7a28422645bc209b2c38bb05b24a340444f9066.

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kylin/apache-kylin-0.7.2-incubating-rc2/

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
src.tar.gz.md5 334c0981d0a258f2d83402bdb75486dd
src.tar.gz.sha1 c377bcb7be17e0ad5540ce2a3d1366cc0c451eda

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekylin-1008/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/lukehan.asc

Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation Policy and with
the endorsement of our mentors we would now like to request
the permission of the Incubator PMC to publish the release. The vote
is open for 72 hours, or until the necessary number of votes (3 +1)
is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

+1 from Luke

Luke Han, on behalf of Apache Kylin PPMC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kylin-0.7.2-incubating

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  (NOTE next time probably use sha512)
>

> I'd like to second the request for using sha512 and not including md5.

The requirements for sums and signatures are covered in the Release
Distribution Policy, established a few months ago and curated by VP
Infrastructure:

    http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

    Every artifact distributed to the public through Apache channels MUST be
    accompanied by one file containing an OpenPGP compatible ASCII armored
    detached signature and another file containing an MD5 checksum. The names
    of these files MUST be formed by adding to the name of the artifact the
    following suffixes:

    *   the signature by suffixing .asc
    *   the checksum by suffixing .md5

    An SHA checksum SHOULD also be created and MUST be suffixed .sha. The
    checksum SHOULD be generated using SHA512.

If anyone wishes to suggest changes to the policy, the proper venue is the
public list infrastructure-dev@apache.

Please note that that the establishment of the Release Distribution Policy
merely codified long-standing policies which had been documented in various
places -- nothing has changed in many years.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kylin-0.7.2-incubating

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> wrote:

> * All of the java files are in org.apache.kylin package. Only exceptions
> were in the
>   atopcalcite module:
>     * net.hydromatic.optiq.runtime
>     * org.eigenbase.sql2rel
>   Are those classes coming from a different package? Do you intend to
> repackage them?

These files are copied from apache-calcite and made small local changes.
The original author is Julian Hyde. I'm sending patches to calcite so that
these local override won't be required in future release.

Thanks for your support!

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> wrote:

> * All of the java files are in org.apache.kylin package. Only exceptions
> were in the
>   atopcalcite module:
>     * net.hydromatic.optiq.runtime
>     * org.eigenbase.sql2rel
>   Are those classes coming from a different package? Do you intend to
> repackage them?

These are left-over from earlier development (originally from optiq, which
is now calcite).

I am not sure of the disposition of these files, but Julian Hyde was the
contributor, I think.  They should be handled in a better fashion, but I
don't think that this is a release blocker.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kylin-0.7.2-incubating

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Signature file looks good

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- release artefact contains incubating
- signatures and md5 hash good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- No unexpected binaries in source release
- All source files contain Apache headers
- Can compile from source

Some compile instructions in the README.md would be helpful as MAVEN_OPTS need to be set.

Thanks,
Justin