Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/14 15:33:18 UTC

Move up to Axis2 1.3?

Axis2 1.3 has just been released so how about moving up to that? There's a
lot of improvements and bug fixes in it and as its the level we'll likely go
1.0 with i think it would be good to get it in sooner so we have time to
find and fixes any problems. There's a few minor changes we need to do in
Tuscany to move up but I have it almost going, just one failing testcase
remaining, so what do people think, should we move up now or wait till after
our next release?

   ...ant

Re: Move up to Axis2 1.3?

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 to move to it now. We can also clean up the dependencies as Axis2 1.3 is
now built with Maven2.

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: Move up to Axis2 1.3?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 8/14/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Axis2 1.3 has just been released so how about moving up to that? There's a
> lot of improvements and bug fixes in it and as its the level we'll likely
> go
> 1.0 with i think it would be good to get it in sooner so we have time to
> find and fixes any problems. There's a few minor changes we need to do in
> Tuscany to move up but I have it almost going, just one failing testcase
> remaining, so what do people think, should we move up now or wait till
> after
> our next release?
>
>    ...ant

We will have to take your advice on whether it can be made to work this
week. Assuming it can then +1 to sooner rather than later. The less we have
to change just before 1.0 the better.

Simon

Re: Move up to Axis2 1.3?

Posted by shaoguang geng <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Axis2 1.3 has mentioned that this is a performance and bug fix update. Any axis2 user gets no infection to their code.

Another point: At Tuscany side, any update of axis2 just affects inside Tuscany, user code is standard based. To those WS referenced by composites, they are interacted on bases of protocol(http, soap ).

ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote: On 8/14/07, ant elder  wrote:

> Axis2 1.3 has just been released so how about moving up to that? There's a
> lot of improvements and bug fixes in it and as its the level we'll likely go
> 1.0 with i think it would be good to get it in sooner so we have time to
> find and fixes any problems. There's a few minor changes we need to do in
> Tuscany to move up but I have it almost going, just one failing testcase
> remaining, so what do people think, should we move up now or wait till after
> our next release?
>
>    ...ant

Actually, I've been talking to one of our big Tuscany users about this and
it would be more convenient for them if we stayed at Axis2 1.2 for the time
being so they don't have to update all their associated Axis2 code.

    ...ant

Re: Move up to Axis2 1.3?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Move up to Axis2 1.3?