Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by rocio mejia <ch...@yahoo.es> on 2008/11/14 23:03:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.10 doesnt upgrade

I upgraded Apache from 2.0.59 to 2.10 but version still shows 2.0.59 Any ideas why this?
I did all the steps make, make install many times ...

RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.10 doesnt upgrade

Posted by Antonio Vidal Ferrer <an...@globalia-sistemas.com>.
Rocio:

Have you seen if it is started in /Library/StartupItems ?

You can also check /etc/hostsconfig for a line saying “APACHE=-YES- and change it for no.

Saludos,

Toni

De: Jorge Ramirez <mo...@yahoo.com>
Asunto: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.10 doesnt upgrade
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Fecha: sábado, 22 noviembre, 2008 4:12

el apachectl es un alias de "httpd" necesitas ver donde esta ese archivo.  por ejemplo no se usar las MAC OS pero en Linux hay un archivo ejecutable ke se llama httpd y si le pongo "httpd start"  ese comando hace ke empiece mi programa de apache. en tu caso mecesitas saber en ke carpeta (folder) esta ese archivo. Abre el archivo apachectl y lee el programa  y teva a decir donde esta ese deamon de "httpd" Cuando instalaste el apache2, recuerdas en ke carpeta (folder) lo instalaste?

  _____

De: Jorge Ramirez <mo...@yahoo.com>
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Fecha: domingo, 16 noviembre, 2008 11:15

rocio

search for the httpd  file. if you have 2 versions of apache, you should have 2 httpd files. When you start apache, do you run the apache httpd damon or you use the apachectl command?

  _____

De: Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Fecha: sábado, 15 noviembre, 2008 1:04

rocio mejia wrote:

> could it be /because I have OSX 10.3.9 and only supports

 up to

apache2.0.59?

I don't know.. Is that from Mac's website or is that stated on

Apache's website? If that were the case, you'd have different problems

than what you're describing.

> I read this in fink page. I tried to upgrade with source files and through

fink no error msg but version doesnt change. Give me a clue ? pls

Like I said, sounds like you have two (or more) copies of apache installed.

Look for httpd or apachectl in your path, find which one is currently being run,

then when you install, tell Apache what directory to install to.

Sounds like you're running apache from one directory, but when you're

installing, you're installing to a different

 directory.

See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more

 info.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.10 doesnt upgrade

Posted by rocio mejia <ch...@yahoo.es>.
gracias Andre. buen consejo.voy a desintalar la ver 1.3

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Hola.

Posted by rocio mejia <ch...@yahoo.es>.
whitehorse, canada y tu?

Posted by Jorge Ramirez <mo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by rocio mejia <ch...@yahoo.es>.
hola

Posted by Jorge Ramirez <mo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by rocio mejia <ch...@yahoo.es>.
hola jorge

Posted by Jorge Ramirez <mo...@yahoo.com>.
rocio

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
rocio mejia wrote:
> could it be /because I have OSX 10.3.9 and only supports up to apache2.0.59?

With respect to sendfile and several other features, 10.3 is simply weak.

If you want 2.2 (2.10 - wtf you talking about, willis?) then you probably
should jump up to 10.5.current.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.10 doesnt upgrade

Posted by Dan Udey <da...@communicate.com>.
If you've updated through Fink, then you'll need to make certain
you're running the version from /sw/ and not the versions in /usr/ or /
usr/local/ - you can test this by running this command:

ps auxw | grep apache

If you see a list of /sw/sbin/apache2 processes, you're running Fink's
version; if not, you're not. I would suggest it, because it makes
upgrading easier and faster on OS X.

Posted by rocio mejia <ch...@yahoo.es>.

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.