Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Josh Marcus <jm...@meetup.com> on 2014/01/10 00:50:58 UTC

issues with configuration updates and clean shutdowns

Hey folks,

I'm setting up new flume agents, and I'm noticing issues with both live
updates to the configuration and cleanly shutting down an agent.   I was
wondering if anyone should shed light on whether what I'm seeing is based
on known issues or if there are any likely culprits.

First of all, if I update the configuration, the agent notices the updated
configuation, shuts down (successfully) but doesn't restart with the
updated configuration.

Secondly, sending a signal (I've tried a variety) to a running flume agent
doesn't cleanly shutdown the agent -- for example, the .tmp output file
doesn't get moved to its permanent location.

So, if I update the configuration (or just touch it), I get a clean
shutdown -- but it won't restart.  But I don't currently have alternate way
that will reliably shut it down.

Any advice?

--j

Re: issues with configuration updates and clean shutdowns

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Could you share some more information? For example:

* What version you are using
* Configuration file
* Log

Posted by Josh Marcus <jm...@meetup.com>.
Hey folks,

Any thoughts now that I've posted a config and logs?

--j

Posted by Josh Marcus <jm...@meetup.com>.
Brock & Jeff:

Posted by Jeff Lord <jl...@cloudera.com>.