Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by rhawkins <ri...@medctrbarbour.org> on 2017/01/28 16:00:01 UTC

Re: Branding the login page - My setting - Branding.

Branding the Guacamole system.

Basic Structure:

ext             - this will hold the guac-manifest.json and
LoginDisclaimer.html
   css          - put css files here
   images       - put new images or log here
   translations - put en.json files here

root@snakeden:~/ext# tree
.
├── css
│   └── login-override.css
├── guac-manifest.json
├── images
│   └── snake2.png
├── loginDisclaimer.html
└── translations
    └── en.json

guac-manifest.json:

root@snakeden:~/ext# more guac-manifest.json

{

        "guacamoleVersion" : "*",
        "name" : "Snakeden",
        "namespace" : "snakeden",
        "translations" : [
                "translations/en.json"
         ],

         "css" : [
                "css/login-override.css"
         ],

         "html" : [
                "loginDisclaimer.html"
         ],

         "resources" : {
                "images/snake2.png" : "image/png"
         }
}

LoginDisclaimer.html:

root@snakeden:~/ext# more loginDisclaimer.html

Welcome to Snake's Remote Access Server

Login-override.css:

root@snakeden:~/ext/css# more login-override.css
.login-ui .login-dialog .logo {
        background-image: url('app/ext/snakeden/images/snake2.png');
        width: 5em;
        background-size: 5em 3em;
}

:::::  The width and the backgound-size setting I had to modify to make the
logo look correct.

en.json:

root@snakeden:~/ext/translations# more en.json
{
    "NAME" : "English",

    "APP":{

        "NAME" : "Snake's Remote Access"
          }
}

After All file are set and you are happy.

zip -r snakeden.jar *
cp snakeden.jar /etc/guacamole/extensions/
service tomcat8 stop
service guacd stop

service guacd start
service tomcat8 start

I usually watch to verify it loaded in another session.

tail -f /var/lib/tomcat8/logs/catalina.out

10:39:10.685 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule -
Extension "MySQL Authentication" loaded.
10:39:10.725 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule -
Extension "LDAP Authentication" loaded.
10:39:10.745 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule -
Extension "Snakeden" loaded.

Final result:

http://snakeden.hopto.org:8080/guacamole/#/

It's not much but it looks OK...

RE: Branding the login page - My setting - Branding.

Posted by Goncalo Rosa <go...@v2s.us>.
Can you share your .jar?

Gonçalo Rosa

Re: Branding the login page - My setting - Branding.

Posted by rhawkins <ri...@medctrbarbour.org>.
Can't help with docker.

Re: Branding the login page - My setting - Branding.

Posted by rhawkins <ri...@medctrbarbour.org>.
oh yea.  this is for Ubuntu.   I am guesing if you run Centos  the ext will
be.

/var/lib/guacamole/extensions..

Re: Branding the login page - My setting - Branding.

Posted by rhawkins <ri...@medctrbarbour.org>.