Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by vineet daniel <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/04 13:09:54 UTC

how to fetch latest data

Hi

In a cluster of cassandra if we are updating any key/value and perform the
fetch query on that same key, we get old/stale data. This can be because of
Read Repair.

Is there any way to fetch the latest updated data from the cluster, as old
data stands no significance and showing it to client is more irrelevant.

Regards
Vineet Daniel

Re: how to fetch latest data

Posted by vineet daniel <vi...@gmail.com>.
If R + W > N, where R, W, and N are respectively the read replica count, the
write replica count, and the replication factor, all client reads will see
the most recent write.