Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mohamed Ghareb <m....@tedata.net> on 2014/02/17 18:50:25 UTC

TTL forever

I know that time to live it delete the cell content after the TTL date setting when major compaction accured
If I need make setting TTL to live forever. How I do that

Re: TTL forever

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
If you set it to Integer.MAX_VALUE (2,147,483,647) it will be considered as
HConstants.FOREVER and will never expire.

I think it's the default value when you don't define any TTL.

JM

Re: TTL forever

Posted by yonghu <yo...@gmail.com>.
I also calculated the years of ttl, just for fun. :). But as Jean said,
default ttl is forever.

Re: TTL forever

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mohamed,