Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/28 20:41:18 UTC

Zookeeper leader not getting lock

Hi Folks,

I have a 3 node zookeeper cluster. While working on it, I've come to notice
that sometimes that lock gets acquired by the follower and the leader is
unable to acquire the lock. I'm able to see this clearly as per the
script's output log. This script runs as a cron on all the 3 nodes and all
3 nodes try to acquire the lock

After my script runs on all the nodes, I can see by running echo stat | nc
localhost 2181 on all machines that the machine which has got the lock and
ran the script successfully is a follower and not a leader.

I'm thinking that the follower should not be able to get a lock. Am I
thinking wrong somewhere ? Please point me to the correct direction.

Thanks,

prabcs