Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Terry Braun <ta...@talking.talking.com> on 2000/02/10 16:16:57 UTC

include ?

I want to use ant to build a complex package that I can
build at either the root level or at a lower level. So
I have a build.xml at the top and a build.xml in the
subdirectory as well. My problem is that I end up duplicating
properties in every subproject. It would be nice if I could
"include" some file that had properties. Is this possible?
Thanks
Terry

Re: include ?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Terry Braun wrote:

> I want to use ant to build a complex package that I can
> build at either the root level or at a lower level. So
> I have a build.xml at the top and a build.xml in the
> subdirectory as well. My problem is that I end up duplicating
> properties in every subproject. It would be nice if I could
> "include" some file that had properties. Is this possible?
> Thanks
> Terry

Sure. Use XML external entities or use a property file for the
<properties> task (read the doc to find out how, I don't remember the
syntax).

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.