Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/09/27 13:00:23 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "virtual hosts settings being ignored" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)

not acked

----- Forwarded message from rsr@fine.com -----

From: rsr@fine.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Thu Sep 26 18:25:58 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "virtual hosts settings being ignored" on Solaris 2.x

Submitter: rsr@fine.com
Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
Settings inside of a <VirtualHosts> directive are
being ignored for one of the IP addresses on my

As an example:

http://fine.com

will redirect you to http://www.fine.com, however

http://steath.fine.com

will not.  Also, any browser that does not provide
the webserver with the Host: header will also fail
to get the redirect, even if it's pointed to fine.com.

(stealth.fine.com and fine.com are both the same
server).

This only affects the one directive.  The only
difference between this and the other VirtualHosts
are that this one is for the main IP address on the
ethernet interface, and all the rest are for
aliases.

Please e-mail me if you require my configuration
file and/or other system settings.

Thank you.
--

Backtrace: