Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Kerry Bonin <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/05 19:36:46 UTC

Errors building trunk?

Thought I'd mention this - I get some errors building a clean trunk on
Ubuntu and Windows.

On Windows, I'm running VC9 SP1 on XP (fully patched), CMake 2.8.0, boost
1.3.9 against r896143, clean checkout.
  cpp\src\qmf\engine\ResilientConnection.cpp gives me an error on line 416,
'write not a member of global namespace'.
  This causes qmfengine build to fail.

On Ubuntu, (my first build attempt there), Ubuntu x64, gcc 4.4.1, boost
1.40.0.cmake2, against r895713, clean checkout.
  cpp/src/qpid/broker/SaslAuthenticator.cpp line 26 gives me error 'type
qualifiers ignored on function return type'.

Re: Errors building trunk?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/05/2010 06:54 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Kerry,
>
>> Thought I'd mention this - I get some errors building a clean
>> trunk on Ubuntu and Windows.
>>
>> On Windows, I'm running VC9 SP1 on XP (fully patched), CMake
>> 2.8.0, boost 1.3.9 against r896143, clean checkout.
>>    cpp\src\qmf\engine\ResilientConnection.cpp gives me an
>> error on line 416, 'write not a member of global namespace'.
>>    This causes qmfengine build to fail.
>
> This is a known issue; see QPID-1982
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1982)
>
>> On Ubuntu, (my first build attempt there), Ubuntu x64, gcc
>> 4.4.1, boost 1.40.0.cmake2, against r895713, clean checkout.
>>    cpp/src/qpid/broker/SaslAuthenticator.cpp line 26 gives me
>> error 'type qualifiers ignored on function return type'.

Is that definitely the right line number? I can't see where the problem
might be...

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Errors building trunk?

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Kerry,

> Thought I'd mention this - I get some errors building a clean
> trunk on Ubuntu and Windows.
>
> On Windows, I'm running VC9 SP1 on XP (fully patched), CMake
> 2.8.0, boost 1.3.9 against r896143, clean checkout.
>   cpp\src\qmf\engine\ResilientConnection.cpp gives me an
> error on line 416, 'write not a member of global namespace'.
>   This causes qmfengine build to fail.

This is a known issue; see QPID-1982
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1982)

> On Ubuntu, (my first build attempt there), Ubuntu x64, gcc
> 4.4.1, boost 1.40.0.cmake2, against r895713, clean checkout.
>   cpp/src/qpid/broker/SaslAuthenticator.cpp line 26 gives me
> error 'type qualifiers ignored on function return type'.

I'm not intimately familiar with this, but it sounds like a warning that
could be ignored; you may get further by turning off the
warnings-to-errors switch.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org