Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Josh Hone <ic...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/13 21:41:05 UTC

Demo portlet problems

Hi all -

I am just getting started with Jetspeed and am having problems deploying the
demo RSS portlets.  After reading the available documentation, I also tried
to write my own examples of VelocityPortlet, XSLPortlet, or NewRSSPortlet
but cannot.  I am using the latest Apache server and tomcat 4.0, with
jetspeeda2.  I am running this on Win32/ME.

Whenever I login as either admin or turbine, I get an error message in the
area of the specific portlet telling me that there is a no class definition
found error for XSLPortlet, VelocityPortlet, or NewRSSPortlet.  However, I
made sure that they were there, and I can deploy the examples and write my
own examples of HTMLPortlet, WebPagePortlet, and JSPPortlet, which are
located in the same area.

The jetspeed log shows these no class definition errors, along with one for
javax.xml.transform.Source when it tries to load the demo OCS file.

org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity template:
/controls/html/jetspeed.vm: Invocation of method 'getContent' in class
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.NewRSSPortlet threw exception class
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

This is the error message that appears in the Jetspeed Administration
portlet, with the same thing happening with the Apacheweek and XMLHack
portlets.

Josh Hone
Florida State University
Physics Dept.

Re: Demo portlet problems

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- Josh Hone <ic...@hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
> but cannot.  I am using the latest Apache server and tomcat 4.0,
[snip]

Which version of tomcat?

If you read the archive, you'll see that there are problems with
versions 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 - 4.0.1 should be good - not sure about
4.0.4 - which I think is out...

Chris

=====