Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nicolas Bouige <n....@dimsi.fr> on 2018/09/17 14:27:08 UTC

Unable to deploy/restart VM

Hello All,

On one of my cluster i can't deploy and/or restart (after cpu/memory update), the only information i've got about the probleme is this message :

Cannot allocate cluster list [1] for vm creation since their allocated percentage crosses the disable capacity threshold defined at each cluster at global value for capacity Type : 1, skipping these clusters.

I checked cluster and global configuration cpu threshold, there are both with the same value.

I was able to restart the impacted Vms with the global admin account as i could chose the host.
So why the VMs did not start on the available host ? and Why the error log appears event if the threshold is not reach on, at least, one of my server ?

Did i miss something ?  or do i need to check something else ?

Best regards,
[SignatureBouige]

RE: Unable to deploy/restart VM

Posted by Nicolas Bouige <n....@dimsi.fr>.
Hi Ivan and Rohit,

Thanks for your answer, The issue is closed, i juste added a new Host to CS ( move from three host to four host)
the CPU allocated was 150% on two of three  host on my cluster and CS didn't allow to deploy vm on the whole cluster , even if one host as enought ressources, as the threshold is for the cluster and not for the hosts.

Best regards,
N.B
Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.