Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lincoln Ritter <li...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 20:11:30 UTC

Job History Logging Location

Greetings,

I'm trying to get a handle on job history logging.  According to the
documentation in 'hadoop-defaul.xml' the
'hadoop.job.history.user.location' determines where job history logs
are written.  If not specified these logs go into
'<output-dir>/_logs/history'.  This can cause problems with
applications that don't know about this convention.  It would also be
nicer in my opinion to keep logs and data separate.

It seems to me that a nice way to handle this would be to put logs in
'/logs/<job-id>/history' or something.

Can this be done?  Is there a need for the "job-id" folder?  If this
can't be done, are there alternatives that work well.

-lincoln

--
lincolnritter.com

Job History Logging Location

Re: Job History Logging Location

Posted by Lincoln Ritter <li...@gmail.com>.
Hello again.

I answered my own question.

Setting 'hadoop.job.history.user.location' to 'logs' works fine.

Thanks anyway!

-lincoln

--
lincolnritter.com