Posted to ruby-dev@lucene.apache.org by Antonio Eggberg <an...@yahoo.se> on 2007/03/14 13:01:20 UTC

Capistrano or Solr/flare deployment thougts.

Hi:

I am no where near done with my app but we got a new
machine so I just want try the development to
deployment route. I been doing some readup
on Solr wiki about deployment specifically "MySolr".

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/mySolr

Furthermore I been doing some reading on Capistrano
and the famous cap blogpost by Coda Hale

http://blog.codahale.com/2006/06/19/time-for-a-grown-up-server-rails-mongrel-apache-capistrano-and-you/

I installed Solr first. Then rails stcack etc etc and
flare and it works. So you say what is the problem :-)

Well questions actually :-) What I am wondering is ...

1. I am using SVK to mirror Solr repo
2. I have a local Solr SVN repo where I change stuff
solrconfig, schema, flare stuff etc..

I would like to make the whole thing as "one app" so
that I can do capistrano magic. Is this a good idea?

Well better question will be how can I do easy/better
deployments.. How are guys doing it? I am really
looking for a good directory structure.. should I have
everything under /home/deploy or??

Thanks for the insight!

kalender. Dessutom 250 MB gratis, virusscanning och antispam. Få den på: http://se.mail.yahoo.com