Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mary Maulucci <ma...@clear.net> on 2013/06/26 00:53:12 UTC

[Imaging] Documentation, Differences from Sanselan

Thank you , Gary.

At this time, I am wondering about the following:
1.  Are there any differences between the Sanselan and Imaging classes
which would cause the Imaging class, but not the Sanselan class, to reject
a JPEG file?  I am asking this because now that I have loaded the Jar files
from Commons Imaging and made the necessary syntactic changes, some JPEG
files I've been using cannot be read by Imaging.getMetadata() whereas they
were read properly by Sanselan.getMetadata.
2.  Is there any way the formatted string from a date-time tag could
change?  While I was tweaking my code to format the date tags, the format
of the date string from the tag was "'yyyy:mm:dd hh:MM:ss'" (the date
string was enclosed in single-quotes).  Now, at least one JPEG file appears
to have a formatted date string with the format "yyyy:mm:dd hh:MM:ss," (the
single-quotes are gone, and there is a comma at the end).  I am wondering
how this may have happened.
3.  What is the current progress in enabling the writing of IPTC data?
4.  Are there any useful code samples or tutorials that would help me in
understanding the following classes:  JpegImageParser, IptcParser,
IptcRecord, JpegIptcRewriter, App13Segment.

Thanks!

Best,

Mary K. Maulucci