Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by loboEsa <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/07 20:20:54 UTC

Re: ServiceMix version hell...

It's very frustrating a poor quality documentation and tutorial and the
versioning is very confused.

It's a pity because I think ServiceMix is a very powerful product.

I followed the instruction to install and create SUs with ServiceMix 3.3.1
and all my SUs were created with 3.2.3 version. (I used mvn
archetype:create)

I changed my SU's poms as follow:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.servicemix</groupId>
      <artifactId>servicemix-core</artifactId>
      <version>3.3.1</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.servicemix</groupId>
      <artifactId>servicemix-file</artifactId>
      <version>2009.01</version>
    </dependency>

but continue using jbi-maven-plugin 3.2.3

How can I use jbi-maven-plugin 3.3.1 (or 2009.01) to create archetypes to
Servicemix 3.3.1 ??????

Re: ServiceMix version hell...

Posted by loboEsa <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean I try to install(maven) my SA using the follow configuration in all
my SA and SUs

<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.servicemix.tooling</groupId>
        <artifactId>jbi-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>4.1</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
        <configuration>
          <type>service-assembly</type>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
</plugins>

and into SUs add

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.servicemix</groupId>
      <artifactId>servicemix-core</artifactId>
      <version>3.3.1</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.servicemix</groupId>
      <artifactId>servicemix-file</artifactId>
      <version>2009.01</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

When I try to install all my project this error apear:

[ERROR]BUILD ERROR
The service unit file-sender-su does not have a dependency which is packaged
as a jbi-component or a project property 'componentName'

If I return jbi-maven-plugin version to 3.2.3 all be fine.

I find in other webpage that it is resolved with componentName property into
SU POM, and yes all be fine until I try to deploy the SA, ServiceMix tell my
that is not posible to install SA because is pending the installation of de
component in touble.

What is the correct version configuration to use the lastest ServiceMix
release (3.3.1) ?????

Is it posible to create meaven archetypes to version 3.3.1 ? The
instructions into the ServiceMix site create only a 3.2.3 version and use a
very old versions of components.

Thanks in advanced.

RE: ServiceMix version hell...

Posted by Eric Johnson <EM...@progress.com>.
To get wiki content into DocBook you could give this plug-in a try:
http://fusesource.org/forge/projects/CONFDOC

One of the guys at Progress built it and has been using it with a pretty decent level of success. It can basically turn a confluence space, or subset of a space, into a DocBook book.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Eric,

RE: ServiceMix version hell...

Posted by Eric Johnson <EM...@progress.com>.