Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by svlprasad <pr...@wipro.com> on 2005/03/01 07:17:30 UTC

RE: regd XERCES-C++ compilation on MAC OS

HI

By following the build instructions, i have given the following commands :
runConfigure -pmacosx -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nsocket -tnative -rpthread
this command is successful,

next i gave command

gnumake

Now the build is successful.

Then i checked the object files directory., i don't find any object file
related to SAX2PrintHandler.
Then i thought i need to build samples directory as mentioned in the build
instructions.

To do so, i have given the following command at prompt

xerces-c-src_2_6_0/samples/SAX2Print>

../../../src/xercesc/runConfigure -pmacosx -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -tnative
-rpthread

above command has failed with following output...

Generating makefiles with the following options ...
Platform: macosx
C Compiler: gcc
C++ Compiler: g++
Message Loader: inmem
Net Accessor: socket
Transcoder: native
Thread option: pthread
bitsToBuild option: 32
Extra compile options:
Extra link options:
Extra configure options:
Debug is OFF

./configure: ./configure: No such file or directory

can some body tell me, what is the correct procedure to build the
samples/SAX2Print directory ( rather build the samples).

Thanks in advance

-Prasad

  _____

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Prasad,
the samples have their own version of runConfigure, so you have to do

xerces-c-src_2_6_0/samples>./runConfigure -pmacosx -cgcc -xg++

followed by gnumake to build all of them

Alberto