Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by satheeshsamiappan <cs...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/28 06:56:49 UTC

Re: Building Applet JARS inside WAR files using Maven 2.0

Hi Chris,

I was looking for copying jar files into war file using maven.
Ur ant plugin helped me a lot to accomplish tht task.

Thank u very much
Regards,
Satheesh

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
You can do this with dependency:unpack or dependency:copy too instead of
using ant.

chris.r.grigg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been scratching my head on this one for awhile.
>
> We have an applet which the class files are packaged up into a JAR
file.
> This JAR file is then packaged up inside a WAR file which then gets
> packaged in an EAR file so that it can be deployed onto Websphere
> Application Server 6.1 (our web app server).
> Now in order for the JAR file to be seen on the clients end (not on
the
> web server we are deploying the war file to), the JAR file must not
live
> inside the "WEB-INF\lib" directory. The JAR file must sit inside the
root
> directory of the WAR. This allows the user to access the JAR file and
> download it to their PC
> instead of the JAR file being processed server sidedly so that they
can
> access the JAR that has the applet and run the applet client sidedly.
>
> It appears that something did exist for maven 1.0 in the WAR building
> goal, but it was removed in maven 2.0. So now in order to manually put

> this file, i have to do some ugly ant script in the artifact which
builds
> the WAR file, like this:
>
> <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>               <executions>
>                 <execution>
>                         <id>move-jars</id>
>                         <phase>package</phase>
>                         <configuration>
>                                 <tasks>
>                                         <echo message="***Unzipping
> war***" />
>                                         <unzip
> src="${project.build.directory}/${artifactId}-${version}.war"
>  dest="${basedir}/tmp">
>
>                                                 <patternset>
>                                                         <include
name="**"
> />
>                                                 </patternset>
>                                         </unzip>
>                                         <echo message="***war
unzipped***"
> />
>                                                 <move
> todir="${basedir}/tmp">
>                                                         <fileset
> dir="${basedir}/tmp/WEB-INF/lib">

<include
> name="**/*.jar" />
>                                                         </fileset>
>                                                 </move>
>                                                 <echo
message="***Deleting
> old war***" />
>                                                 <delete
> file="${project.build.directory}/${artifactId}-${version}.war" />
>                                                 <delete
> includeEmptyDirs="true">
>                                                         <fileset
> dir="${project.build.directory}/${artifactId}-${version}" />
>                                                 </delete>
>                                                 <echo
message="***Creating
> new war***" />
>                                                 <zip
> destfile="${project.build.directory}/${artifactId}-${version}.war"
>  basedir="${basedir}/tmp" update="true" />
>                                                         <echo
> message="***Unzipping new war***" />
>
>                                                 <unzip
> src="${project.build.directory}/${artifactId}-${version}.war"
>  dest="${project.build.directory}/${artifactId}-${version}">
>                                                         <patternset>

<include
> name="**" />
>                                                         </patternset>