Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Guan Sun <xs...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/11 18:37:23 UTC

Blocked NTR request

Hi,

I'm using Cassandra 2.2.8 with default NTR queque configurations (
max_queued_native_transtport_requests = 128, native_transport_max_threads =
128), and from the metrics I'm seeing some native transport requests are
being blocked.

I'm trying to understand what happens to the blocked native transport
requests, will these requests be rejected immediately so client get
exceptions/errors from Cassandra? or will these requests be waiting
somewhere outside of the queue and will be added to the NTR queue later? or
will these requests simply timeout after some time?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Guan

Re: Blocked NTR request

Posted by Laxmikant Upadhyay <la...@gmail.com>.
As per my understanding, Blocked requests do not get rejected immediately
and waits for some queued request to complete. And a request will timeout
only when the request creation time crosses configured request timeout.

You may try to tune the pool by increasing
max_queued_native_transtport_requests value if you see blocked NTR.

--

regards,
Laxmikant Upadhyay