Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Felix Sprick <fs...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/11 11:31:27 UTC

Hbase HDFS replication factor

Hi,

I have a HBase cluster with 1 master and 3 slaves. I am wondering what
needs to be done in order to change the replication factor. I changed
dfs.replication in /usr/lib/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml to a different
value. Do I have to change this on all 4 machines or is it enough on
the master? What needs to be restarted in order to apply the changes?
thanks,
Felix

Re: Hbase HDFS replication factor

Posted by lohit <lo...@yahoo.com>.
To add to this, you might have to increase replication factor of already created
files in HDFS.
I think new config does not trigger re-replication of already created files.

The files are created mainly by the region servers, so yes, this needs to be on
all servers to work as expected.

Lars

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,