Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Kruse, Stephen S" <St...@gd-ms.com> on 2019/11/20 12:41:39 UTC

Issues resolving environment variables

Hi,

I have a maven project setup with subprojects and I am using environment
variables in the pom files.  Everything seems to work well when going from
the top down (parent->child) but the environment varables don't seem to be
set when going up (child->parent) when I try to build a child that depends
on a parent.  Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

H Stephen Kruse

General Dynamics (GD-MS)

12450 Fair Lakes Cir, Fairfax, VA 22033

BYG-1/TCS Software Lead

Office: (703) 272-1774

Re: Issues resolving environment variables

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.

Hi,

did you try to use use the environment variable to initalise a Maven
property like this:

<myProp>|${env.VARIABLE_NAME}|</myProp>

But actually you should be able to use environment variables everywhere.
Or simply take the Echo Maven Plugin
(https://github.com/Ekryd/echo-maven-plugin) to output the current value
or generate the effective POM by the following command 'mvn
help:effective-pom'.

Bye,

Oliver

Am 20.11.19 um 13:41 schrieb Kruse, Stephen S:

> Hi,
>

> I have a maven project setup with subprojects and I am using
environment variables in the pom files.  Everything seems to work well
when going from the top down (parent->child) but the environment
varables don’t seem to be set when going up (child->parent) when I try
to build a child that depends on a parent.  Any information is much
appreciated.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>

> H Stephen Kruse
>
> General Dynamics (GD-MS)
>
> 12450 Fair Lakes Cir, Fairfax, VA 22033
>
> BYG-1/TCS Software Lead
>
> Office: (703) 272-1774

- --
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany
P +49 30 44793251
M +49 178 7903538
E o.b.fischer@swe-blog.net
S oliver.b.fischer