Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 04:31:19 UTC

Tapestry (4.0.2) / Hivemind (1.1.1) in OC4J 10.1.3 - Dig a little bit more, anyone please give me a ladder to climb up

Hello there! I still did not gave up OC4J 10.1.3 (well, I'd love to,
but my boss wont let me).
So, just to fresh-up memories, I get a nasty exception when I deploy
my app on oracle AS:

06/08/22 23:23:51 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
06/08/22 23:23:51
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
06/08/22 23:23:51
06/08/22 23:23:51
06/08/22 23:23:51
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
06/08/22 23:23:51
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.LoggingInterceptorFactory.instantiateInterceptor(LoggingInterceptorFactory.java:290)
06/08/22 23:23:51
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.LoggingInterceptorFactory.createInterceptor(LoggingInterceptorFactory.java:255)

Ok, so I start debuging the app on both tomcat and Oracle:

Here's the snippet I was debugging inside the LogginInterceptorFactory:

    private Object instantiateInterceptor(InterceptorStack stack,
Class interceptorClass)
        throws Exception
    {
        Object stackTop = stack.peek();

        Constructor c = interceptorClass.getConstructors()[0];

        return c.newInstance(new Object[] { stack.getServiceLog(),
stackTop }); <- point of problem
    }

Well below it's a "toString" of each of the variables involved:

Tomcat:
stack =InterceptorStackImpl[contribution=ServiceInterceptorContributionImpl[factoryServiceId=hivemind.LoggingInterceptor
parameters=null precedingInterceptorIds=null
followingInterceptorIds=null name=null] interfaceClass=interface
org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser top=<PooledProxy for
tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser(org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser)>]

interceptorClass = lass $ISpecificationParser_10d3ecd54a4

stackTop = <PooledProxy for
tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser(org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser)>

c = public $ISpecificationParser_10d38c5277a(org.apache.commons.logging.Log,$ISpecificationParser_10d38c52779)

stack.getServiceLog = org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger@1575b4

OC4J
stack = InterceptorStackImpl[contribution=ServiceInterceptorContributionImpl[factoryServiceId=hivemind.LoggingInterceptor
parameters=null precedingInterceptorIds=null
followingInterceptorIds=null name=null] interfaceClass=interface
org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser top=<PooledProxy for
tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser(org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser)>]

interceptorClass = class $ISpecificationParser_10d38ce04a4

stackTop = <PooledProxy for
tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser(org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser)>

c = public $ISpecificationParser_10d38c89a9b(org.apache.commons.logging.Log,$ISpecificationParser_10d38c89a9a)

stack.getServiceLog = org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger@3c28ab

Well, I got stuck because, all the variables seems to be the same
type, hence, how could a  type mismatch could be happening.

I couldn't find a way to figure out the interfaces of the stackTop.

Well I hope this piece of information would give an idea for the gurus
or hivemind/tapestry to give me a hand on how to solve this.

I really need to get it working on 10.1.3 :(

My best regards

Re: Tapestry (4.0.2) / Hivemind (1.1.1) in OC4J 10.1.3 - Dig a little bit more, anyone please give me a ladder to climb up

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Vinicius,

My guess would be that this is a classloader issue. Try to compare the
classes of the constructor's declared parameters to those of the
actual parameter values passed to newInstance(). Maybe your
commons-logging jar is loaded by two different classloaders.

HTH,

--knut

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I believe this may be useful to Jan.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com>.
I believe that's why we have masters and mortals! Jesse, words can't
describe how grateful I am! Bullseye Dude, that just did the trick, so
the problem is the LoggingInterceptorFactory, I just did an override
on it, as you said and the app is running perfectly on Oracle AS
10.1.3.

Once again, thanks, thanks thanks

My best regards to YOU!

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "hv @ Fashion Content" <in...@fashioncontent.com>.

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
To me this seems to be a classloading issue (again).
Are you packaging commons-logging in you war/ear?

Vinicius Carvalho wrote:
> [...]
> tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser(org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser)>]
>

> interceptorClass = class $ISpecificationParser_10d38ce04a4
>
> stackTop = <PooledProxy for
> tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser(org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser)>
>

> c = public
> $ISpecificationParser_10d38c89a9b(org.apache.commons.logging.Log,$ISpecificationParser_10d38c89a9a)
>

> stack.getServiceLog = org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger@3c28ab
>
> Well, I got stuck because, all the variables seems to be the same
> type, hence, how could a  type mismatch could be happening.
>
> I couldn't find a way to figure out the interfaces of the stackTop.
>
> Well I hope this piece of information would give an idea for the gurus
> or hivemind/tapestry to give me a hand on how to solve this.
>
> I really need to get it working on 10.1.3 :(

Cumquat Information Technology
De Dreef 19
3706 BR Zeist
T +31 (0)30 - 6940490
F +31 (0)30 - 6940499
http://www.cumquat.nl

Jan.Vissers@cumquat.nl
M +31 6 51 169 556

Posted by Paul Field <pa...@db.com>.
It's worth checking the versions of commons-logging and log4j that you have in your war/ear are up-to-date and whether there are older versions of those libraries in OC4J.

The stack trace looks like the system is trying to construct some logging object but the constructor in that object is different to what the system expects...

Paul
Paul Field
Global Markets Research IT
Deutsche Bank