Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcella Turner <mt...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/01 23:14:05 UTC

why does RequestUtils.message(...) work but does not

Hi All,

I"m trying to understand why in my Tiles layout page the following code
renders the string from my properties file:

org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(pageContext, pagesBundleKey,
localeStr, ownerMeta) %>" />

However, the following use of the <bean:message> tag does NOT render the
string from the properties file:

key='<%=ownerMeta %>'/>" />

Any thoughts on tihs are much appreciated.

Marcella