Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Philipp Kraus <ph...@flashpixx.de> on 2015/02/13 21:28:00 UTC

Maven 3 with newest Checkstyle 6.3

Hello,

I'm using Maven 3.2.5 and I would like to use the Checkstyle plugin in the newest version (6.3).
The default installation is 5.8, so how can I add the 6.3 version of the plugin at my pom.xml and
use it on the check goal at the validate phase?

I don’t found the correct pom entries to do that.

Thanks a lot

Phil

Re: Maven 3 with newest Checkstyle 6.3

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.
The configuration you did binds an execution to the validate phase. Calling
checkstyle:checkstyle won't pick up this configuration.

The error you get when calling mvn validate (or any later phase) is
because RedundantThrowsCheck
has been removed in Checkstyle 6.2 (according to Checkstyle release notes
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/releasenotes.html).

Vincent

Posted by Philipp Kraus <ph...@flashpixx.de>.

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.