Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by James Taylor <jt...@4lane.com> on 2002/02/15 15:23:08 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-stratum/src/java/org/apache/stratum/jcs/utils/threads ThreadPool.java

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 00:31, Aaron Smuts wrote:
> That was amazing!

=]

> Yes, almost everything is debug level trace logging.  The code would be
> far cleaner without much of it.  There may be some places where it will
> have to stay for a bit, primarily in the group cache.  The locking got
> to be a pain with the nested method calls.  I think I cleaned it up a
> bit a while back.

We should definitely remove redundant logging and things that can easily
be done with aspectj, but otherwise I have no problem with keeping a lot
of the debug level stuff in there. What I'd like to see is enough of it
pushed up to info that one can run at debug rather than info, and still
get a general idea of what is happening.

> I guess you are much more familiar with the code now.  The commit email
> was half a MB.

Yeah. What helps a lot is understanding better how it is partitioned,
and what responsibilities the major packages have. We should probably
get some package level documentation in there, I think that would help
others a lot.

Thanks,
James

izombie

Posted by Aaron Smuts <aa...@verizon.net>.
Izombie could go in org.apache.stratum.jcs.engine.behavior

RE: attributes

Posted by Aaron Smuts <aa...@verizon.net>.
It bugs me too.  I just never did it and still haven't.  It got that way
because of the jcache api, which I don't care that much about anymore.

Aaron

Re: attributes

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@4lane.com>.

attributes