Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com> on 2003/06/13 07:14:00 UTC

Experience in High-Load Environments

I realize I may be comparing Apples to Enterprise Applications here, but
I'd like to hear some feedback about using OJB in high-load (load
balanced?) environments.

On an OJB web application, how many requests have you seen an
application handle? Would anyone be concerned about using OJB on an
enormous e-commerce site? (EBay, Amazon, etc)?

Thanks for the input,
Aaron

Re: Experience in High-Load Environments

Posted by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com>.
Thomas,

Thanks for the info. You've answered my questions. I was just curious to
hear some info on the impact of OJB's O/R mapping on
speed/performance/capacity. I've heard from several people that OJB is
efficient enough to use in very high-load situations... and you're very
helpful to point out that the performance limits of OJB (however
minimal) can be overcome by adding machines to the business tier.

Thanks again,
Aaron

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi again Aaron,