Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2016/09/01 17:34:35 UTC

upgrade divergence vs/ new install

Hi,

I've observed on few system we've upgrade over the last months that they
don't have the same amount of global settings has opose to a fresh install
of cloudstack.

I have 3 scenarios

4.4.x to 4.7.x (484)
4.4.x to 4.7.x to 4.9.0  (494)
4.2.1 to 4.6.0 to 4.7.0 to 4.9.0  (499)
4.7.x  (398)

in all case they have missing settings and don't have the same number of
settings in the configuration table, counts inside ().

for the case of 4.7.x vs 4.4.x to 4.7.x  I found that missing settings are
located in the file:
server/src/com/cloud/configuration/Config.java

So, does anyone have the same issue, if you search for "publish" in Global
settings you would have nothing ?

And, How those this Config.java is call, look like it called at the first
boot lf cloudstack or something like that.

Thanks,

Re: upgrade divergence vs/ new install

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
I'll investigate further but setting init to false dynamite my db at the
first try :-S.

I'll continue next week but might be a dangerous path so far :-S

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi PL,

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.