Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jesse Reynolds <li...@va.com.au> on 2001/10/14 18:04:29 UTC

3.3rc2 and mod_jk.so - have to have matching versions?

Hi

I'm trying to upgrade to Tomcat 3.3rc2... I have it working fine on
port 8080 but the ajp13 connector isn't working... I have the old
mod_jk.so from Tomcat 3.2, should this work??? it just times out.

I've tried building mod_jk.so from the sources included in the binary
distribution of Tomcat 3.3rc2 but when I start up apache it bombs
complaining that:

su-2.05# apachectl start
Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol
"jk_set_log_format"
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I'm running on FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE, and Apache 1.3.20

CPU is Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz

Thankyou

-jesse

--

       Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au
                                                  jesse (at) va.com.au

Re: 3.3rc2 and mod_jk.so - have to have matching versions?

Posted by Camron Levanger <ca...@camron-danica.com>.
I am having the same problem, but on OS X and I upgraded from apache
1.3.19 to 1.3.20, and tomcat 3.2.1 to 3.2.3 I have been trying to
compile a new mod_jk for two days.  I have tried building it from the
3.2.1 API and the 3.2.3 API and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
If you are in a crunch like I was - my current TEMPORARY solution is
Resin.  It integrates seamlessly with apache and is easy to set up, you
can get it at www.caucho.com, they actually claim to be better than
tomcat but I doubt it (it seems noticeably slower to me).