Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru> on 2001/05/17 10:57:56 UTC

Re: Chinese Characters (was:Re: cocoon1.8 shows russian text as ???? symbols in browser)

> Hello,
>
> as I read this thread about russian Characters I wondered if it is
possible
> to serve chinese Characters with Tomcat/Cocoon. Is there anybody who has
> tried this?

Why not?
Cocoon can use Unicode encoding (UTF-8) on all the stages, including the
response to the browser. Also, you can use a special formatter with chinese
encoding.

Any encoding is supported (theoretically). I have seen posting from users
who use Korean, Japanese and Chinese in their projects. If search the mail
archive you'll find a lot about it.

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.