Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Blomstrom <da...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/14 00:10:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Recovering Apache 2.0

I have a preconfigured package (Apache 2.0, PHP and
MySQL) and a separate installment of Apache 1.3 on
Windows XP Pro.

I'm working through a book that explains how to
install and configure all three programs, and I've run
into a couple snags.

I had to add some lines of text to Apache 2.0's conf
file, then restart it. I haven't been able to shut it
down with any commands, so I just clicked it off
(hitting the X in the top right corner).

When I clicked the Apache_Start in the XAMPP folder,
the little black Apache screen popped up - then it
disappeared.

Whereas http://localhost/ used to display some XAMPP
test pages (apparently through Apache 2.0), it now
displays a typical Apache server message (apparently
through Apache 1.3).

Do you know how I can revive Apache 2.0?

Another possible source of the problem might be my
manipulation of a couple php files. I was instructed
to rename php.ini-dist to php.ini and move it to the
WINDOWS folder. I moved it to the WINDOWS folder, but
I was unable to rename it to php.ini in either folder;
I get a message saying that file already exists, even
though I can't see it.

Thanks.