Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dima Rzhevskiy <di...@rzhevskiy.info> on 2009/06/27 01:18:51 UTC

FileStatus.getLen(): bug in documentation or bug in implememtation?

Hi all
I try get length of file hadoop(RawFilesysten or hdfs) .
In javadoc method  org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileStatus.getLen()  writtend that
this method "return the length of this file, in blocks"
But method return size in bytes.

Is this bug in documentation or implememtation?
I use  hadoop-0.18.3.

Dmitry Rzhevskiy.

Re: FileStatus.getLen(): bug in documentation or bug in implememtation?

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Documentation is wrong. Implementation wins.
Could you please file a bug.

Thanks,
--Konstantin