Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com> on 2014/05/23 11:40:33 UTC

Affecting configuration of a sibling POM

Hi,

I have a case where a sibling POM (both POMs have the same parent) needs to
have a different configuration plugin for the maven-war plugin.
Specifically, I need to put the <attachClasses>true</attachClasses> element
into the configuration. The problem is that I cannot override or modify
this POM. Other acceptable solutions would be to build this particular
project with a command-line property or through some kind of aggregated
POM, as long as I can specify the option without modifying this POM itself.

I've scoured the internet for a solution and the only thing I've really
found is passing a property in via command line. But this apparently only
works for properties which have an expression defined. attachClasses does
not have this.

Re: Affecting configuration of a sibling POM

Posted by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com>.
It is a very specific case, yes. And technically I can change it if I
really need to. It's an open source project which we are trying to avoid
making changes to the upstream version in this particular case, because it
doesn't need to be a jar file for the mainline. We just want to override it
internally. In the end it's probably just going to be a local patch that we
keep on our own branch.

Thanks for the help.

--
*Jeff Hair*
Core Systems Developer

Tel: (+354) 415 0200
jeff@greenqloud.com
www.greenqloud.com

Re: Affecting configuration of a sibling POM

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com>.
Hi,

--
*Jeff Hair*
Core Systems Developer

Tel: (+354) 415 0200
jeff@greenqloud.com
www.greenqloud.com

Re: Affecting configuration of a sibling POM

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.